Saturday 19 May 2012

7 year olds can be strange things sometimes


I love the insights you get from children sometimes.  Some of them can reveal an aspect to their personalities that you hadn't considered before.

I am sure I've mentioned in the past that Monkey loves school and learning and always tries his best, which is all you can really ask of a 7 year old. His best is pretty good too and he makes us very proud. I have always thought of him as a child who is confident in most of his abilities, but now I'm not so sure.

The other day, he told us a little story. He said that in the playground, one of the girls in his class said to him,"You're the smartest one in our class."

"That's nice," I said. "What did you say? Did you say thank you?"

He looked at me, slightly mystified. "No," he said, "I said you must be joking."

I really need to teach him how to accept compliments more gracefully.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails