Friday 23 March 2012

Half grand, that's me.

I don't write controversy - we've been there before.

I don't generally write funny posts. Whatever anyone says, it's a lot LOT harder to write funny stuff regularly than you might think. Meet me in real life and I will be funny occasionally, but the act of writing it makes it all sound a bit trite and unfunny. Hats off to anyone that manages to write genuinely funny posts regularly.

I don't do fabulous photography that makes people go "Ooh" and "Ahh". Possibly, it's because I don't have the patience to set it all up to create that effect. I am very much a "point and shoot" kinda gal. Which is a problem when I'm trying to make my food look fantastic,which of course it is *cough*, and it ends up looking ordinary.


I don't face any major adversity unless you count child wrangling and the never-ending task of keeping my house tidy. My life is not a daily struggle and in that respect, I'm blessed. Doesn't really make for riveting blog posts though.

I don't make pretty cakes. They taste nice but that's not a lot of use when you lot can't reach through the screen and taste some, is it now? Sugarcraft is never going to be my forte.

I can't craft to save my life, a legacy of being left-handed and the creativity of a toddler. That good, really.

All these things probably make me rubbish at blogging in some people's eyes. I am not funny enough, controversial enough, yummy enough. I don't care, because this is my blog.

I write what I want, when I want. Apparently, that's quite a lot. Because, less than two years after I started this blog, this post is the 500th that I have inflicted on the outside world. 500 posts of everything, and nothing. Some of it about our lives. Some about stuff we've done, things we've tried, places we've been, food I've made. Some of it, just random ramblings, me tinkering around with words. And yes, some of them have been guest posts but I try to add a bit of me to them because the way I see it, when people come here, they expect to find a bit of me.

So, this is what you get. 500 posts. I wonder if anyone else can honestly say that they have read them ALL?  (Well done if you have.) 500 posts of me, sometimes with children. Nothing terribly exciting, because my life isn't like that. Nothing outrageous, because I'm not like that. Just me, my kids and what's inside my head. Scary, but I love it, this blogging lark, if you haven't guessed.

Here's to another 500 posts. And thank you, as ever, for reading.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails