Tuesday 7 February 2012

Redemption?


It wasn’t my fault.

It was nobody’s fault. Put it down to the time of year, the post-Christmas blues kicking in when resolutions fail, realising that there is no New Year, New You and the disappointment in oneself that it creates. The disappointment that turns into self-loathing then into rage and loathing of others, when hearts turn from red to black. How ironic that Valentine’s Day is around the corner.

Oh no, it wasn’t my fault, wasn’t anybody’s fault. That’s how I choose to think of it. I have to.

Because that’s how I can head towards redemption.


This is a post for Week 30 of the 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups. Find more entries at Julia's Place where you will also find the link to the children's challenge, which this week is the same prompt for both. 
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails