Monday 12 September 2011

Meal Planning Monday


I hope you're all back in a routine now that everyone seems to have gone back to school, preschool or work. I'm loving it - and having a meal plan is so useful. Not having had one for a couple of weeks really showed me the benefits - I was constantly trying to work out what we were going to eat and if we needed to buy anything. A little effort with the meal plan and I know what we are eating when, I can base my shopping list on it and there are fewer trips to the supermarket. I am a total convert! 


Last week's plan went well - the sausage casserole was particularly lovely. I ended up doing a slow cooker version of the recipe for practical reasons and it was a huge hit with all of us. We also liked the chestnut and mushroom cottage pie - with Monkey asking me if we could have something with chestnuts again (and I'm happy to oblige if you see below). 

Anyway, onto this week. Here's the plan. 

Monday - Spicy pork fried rice
Tuesday - Butternut squash and chestnut crumble
Wednesday - Chicken and spinach curry with naan bread
Friday - Homemade burgers and chips
Sunday - Barley risotto with carrots

A few old favourites in there and some nice new things to try. That's always a good week. 

Why not pop over to Mrs M's blog and see what everyone else is having this week? And why not tell me what you are having this week - whether you plan your meals or not? 
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails