Wednesday 17 August 2011

The Gallery - Black and White

I am not a very technical photographer. As I commented to someone only this afternoon, I probably take more photos with my phone now than I do with the camera. I like taking pictures but I am not in the finer details of it. I therefore don't do take many pictures in black and white, but thanks to the wizardry of photo editing software, I can turn anything I like monochrome. So, I've been looking through my archives, given as I'm enjoying child-free time this week and not spending too much time on the blog, fiddling with the settings and turning things black and white. After lots of messing around, I found this made the nicest picture.





I originally used this as a Silent Sunday picture a couple of months ago. It probably works because it had reasonably muted colours anyway and the black and white seems to bring out some of the detail nicely. Anyway, I like it. It was actually taken in Cuerden Valley Park here in Lancshire, which is well worth a visit and is pretty child and buggy friendly if you want a walk in the countryside with young children. They even have a farmer's market there on the 4th Sunday of every month.

What colour photo of yours would make the best black and white picture?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails