Monday 13 June 2011

Meal Planning Monday - & how my week of My Daddy Cooks meals went



You may remember that last week, I planned a whole week of meals from My Daddy Cooks by Nick Coffer. I'm pleased to report that they mostly went down well - I might make a few tweaks for family tastes. The big hits were the Singapore noodles and the burgers and chips. I've done you a little slideshow of all the meals bar the lentil curry so you can see how they turned out.




So, time again to plan another week's meals. I'm trying to balance everything with a bit of convenience this week as on Friday, I'm going to Blogcamp in Manchester so I will have to make something ahead of time. And I'm in Manchester the day before too! Some of the meals are still from Nick's book, some are not as I've got some things I need to use up and Monkey has a friend coming to tea on Tuesday and they have requested pizza. Here's the list:

Monday - Chicken and spinach curry (from Nick's book)
Tuesday - Cheese and ham pizza (no recipe!) and salad
Wednesday - Sausage jambalaya (from Nick's book)
Thursday - Sandwiches
Friday - Wild mushroom and parma ham pasta bake (from Nick's book)
Saturday - Salmon with butterbean mash
Sunday - Roast pork with all the usual stuff.

Looking at this, there's lots of pork in its various forms this week. Oops.Will have to be slightly more balanced next week.

Why not pop over to Mrs M's blog for more meal planning entries?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails